Friday, March 13, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad ala Gonsea Restaurant in Eureka, CA.


So, I love how Sarah knows how to take our favorite foods from restaurants and figure out how to make them at home. This is one of our favorite salads from Gonsea restaurant in Eureka, CA. It's very simple and you don't have to be precise at all when it comes to the ingredients. Just mix it all up until it tastes good to you!

Ingredients:
Lettuce
Grilled, broiled or roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast - I use 4 when I make this.
Peanuts, chopped
Rice noodles - these need to be fried first in some hot oil so that they puff up and become crispy.
Peanut oil
Hot mustard
Salt
Sesame seed oil

It really is that simple. Oh, and if anybody from Kodiak is reading this, you can find all of these ingredients at our little 'ol commissary! Great news!

4 comments:

  1. how bout' you make it and I will come over and taste test it for FREE.. That's right, I said FREE... That is just what a swell friend I am.. ;) Tomorrow night good for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to figure out how to make my beloved Gonsea Restaurant Chinese Chicken Salad since I left Eureka in 2001. I'm going to try this recipe on Monday and see if I can get it right. Thank you soooooooo much for posting this. Eureka isn't exactly a place you casually pass through just for the salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son in law's favorite salad. Can you give more specific measurements? Sorry I am not that great at cooking but love my daughter's husband much and want to impress! Thanks!

    jvpatton1978@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. help how much of what

    ReplyDelete