Thursday, March 12, 2009

Roasted Red Bell Peppers


Ingredients:
4-6 med/lg red bell peppers
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsalmic vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Salt

Directions:
Set oven to broil and place oven racks at a semi-high level. Arrange peppers on a large piece of tin foil and place in oven under broiler. Let broil until skins begin to blister and turn black. Turn peppers so that a fresh side is facing up. Repeat these steps until all sides of peppers are blistered and black.

Remove from oven and fold foil over peppers to form a packet of sorts. Allow peppers to steam in enclosed foil for 10 minutes. Remove peppers from foil and peel off skins; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers in a medium sized bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt to taste. Raw garlic is quite potent and more than one clove will make the garlic flavor very over powering. Allow peppers to marinade over night.

Serve with a variety of different things such as cream cheese, hummus, crackers or breads for a lovely appetizer. These are also great on sandwhiches. My grandmothers made these all the time and they were (and are still) a family favorite! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I assume that you brought some over for the party tomorrow.. But when I woke up from my nap and saw them sitting on my counter I couldn't help but try just a nibble.. They are SCRUMPTIOUS! Yum! Thank You for sharing and if I can control myself I will have some to share with others tomorrow.. :)

    ReplyDelete