Thursday, March 12, 2009


Yummy Crispy Bean Burritos

refried beans
shredded cheddar cheese
flour tortillas
toothpicks
oil for frying

Take beans out of can and put in a bowl big enough to add cheese to and then stir in cheese. Put in as much or as little cheese you want.( I like a lot of cheese) Lay out your tortillas and put a spoonful of mixture onto center of tortilla and smooth out from end to end(left to right) like a log shape of bean. Then roll the the tortilla up around the bean log into a log shaped burrito. Place a few toothpicks to secure rolled burrito. Repeat until beans are gone. Put into fridge for chilling.(Better for cooking later) Then turn on deep fryer of oil and wait till it's up to temperature. Lay 2 burritos at a time in fryer and cook till golden in color. Remove and drain on paper towels. Let cool then enjoy. Use whatever dipping sauces you like. Sour cream, guac, salsa, nacho cheese sauce and even ranch is good. Enjoy!(Trick for fitting burritos in your fryer is to cut a small amount off each side of the tortilla and don't forget to remove toothpicks before consuming)

2 comments:

  1. Dude...I dont know how I feel about this...your totally giving away all our trade secrets!! WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I made these last night, and here are a few things I would suggest to make these turn out tip-top delicious:

    Definitely chill in fridge for several hours. Maybe even overnight. I only chilled them for an hour and all the beans ran out into my oil.

    Best results are definitely with an actual deep frier. I used a frying pan and it was really messy. Not to mention it was kind of a pain to finagle the toothpicks so that they didn't scratch my pan.

    They really are yummy, though. :)

    ReplyDelete